Nature is definitely something majestic and completely unpredictable. Tornadoes are probably some of the most fascinating nature`s creations. They appear from nowhere, bring huge destruction and vanish. Even though we have the most advanced technologies, we still cannot handle tornadoes. The only thing we can do is to stay away from the place where a tornado is expected.
That’s why if you are writing a research paper about tornadoes, it will definitely get attention. However, the topic is not so easy. That’s why we have prepared some tips on custom research paper writing provided by expert writers from EssayLib.
Tips from Specialists on Tornado Research Paper Writing
To make your paper succeed, pay attention to these tips from specialists. We would divide them into two main categories: specific tips and general tips.
Some specific tips are the ones that advice what information you can include in the paper:
- For example, you might want to describe how tornadoes appear, where and when they occur.
- You might mention how strong they can be and how long they might last.
- If you mention about myths and legends about tornadoes, it might make your paper more attractive for the reader.
- Tornadoes are connected with a lot of destruction and damage. That’s why it is usually requested to describe the measures that one can take to minimize the effects of a tornado or even to save somebody’s life and health.
You shall not forget that a tornado research paper is the usual research paper. That’s why you should follow all the rules that apply to the writing process of a normal research paper.
- Select the topic you would like to work on. Make sure it covers a specific field to research. If it is too wide, you will have problems with fitting it into one paper. It might also influence your paper quality negatively.
- Write a thesis statement. Show the main idea of the paper in 1-2 sentences. Be exact, it shall contain the essence of your paper.
- Read the sources that your teacher has provided. Even if there is nothing interesting in most of them, your teacher will definitely want to check if you have used them. After that, you might research the sources that interest you. There are a lot of materials about tornadoes in libraries, electronic libraries and just online. Use all the resources that are available to collect information.
- Write a research outline. Based on the notes that you have made during the research, write an outline for your paper. Think about what you are going to include there. Shall it be a paper about where tornadoes are most frequent? Or something from the history of the most devastating tornadoes? Or maybe you have dared to research the topic more properly and would like to write about why and how the tornadoes evolve and why they are more frequent in some places? Whatever you select, you will find a lot of information for the most engaging paper. And for now, make the outline for your future creation.
- Write a draft. Just write down your ideas based on each portion of the information you have collected during the research.
- Check which quotations you can use in your paper. Make sure they are organically integrated into the paper content. At this stage, you can already make the list of references. If you do it without delays, it will save you some time in the future.
- Revise the content that you already have. Improve the structure, rearrange the parts to make the paper smooth and logical.
- Proofread the paper, edit errors and typos, improve the parts that aren’t perfect.
A Research Paper Types You Can Be Assigned to
Usually, students do one of the following research paper types:
- An argumentative paper
- Analytical research.
In the first case, you need to discuss your idea based on some facts and evidence. Here, you should choose a controversial topic that allows discussion.
In the second case, you have some sources and based on them, you need to perform a detailed analysis of the question.
That’s why before you start your research on tornado, make sure you understand what exactly research paper type you are going to work on. Some students get confused with the task and cannot do the job properly. So, make sure you understand what kind of paper you are writing. If you have any doubts, ask your teacher.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated in writing a paper about tornadoes if you know how to write a research paper. You need to know how to write a research paper and to have some specific knowledge about tornadoes. All the information is available both online and offline, so, make proper research and write a paper that will amaze your teacher.
Just after the Southern Tablelands cell intensified it showed interesting structure. The timelapse I guess confirms that too. Strong outflow pushes out in the timelapse. At the time of this photograph and just prior though, strong inflow raced in from the northeast!
Was it an outflow boundary from the the supercell now in Nowra? Or was it rapidly rising updraft not sure - https://youtu.be/qTcU5ckJ_fc Timelapse (yes I know it is heavily processed but I had to as the contrast at the time was not the best but the structure was evident)